Although it seems winter has come and gone about five times this season, we’re hoping spring will finally stick, and that summer will soon be on it’s way! This last snowstorm had us dreaming about all the fun we had last summer outdoors with the barbecue and of course, all the great food we ate.
This week, we’re leaving the meat up to you. With so many great photos being submitted lately, we decided to find an easy-to-make vegetarian recipe, and offer you the chance to submit your best dry-rub barbecue recipe for the chance to win our Myron Mixon Pitmaster Grill Tool, and to be featured as the main recipe on next week’s blog post!
Check out our Black Bean Burger recipe below, and then hit the drawing board and give us your best.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 16 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch slices
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Super simple, delicious, and easy to make Black Bean Burgers (recipe via allrecipes). Try this recipe out, and let us know how it goes for you!
Now that the vegetarian-friendly side of the barbecue is covered, we challenge YOU to submit your best dry-rub barbecue recipe for a chance to win our Myron Mixon Pitmaster Grill Tool, and to be featured on next week’s blog post!
Rules to submit:
Only one entry per-person
Must be within the continental United States
Must share our post, and tag #ergochef on Instagram or Facebook
To Submit Your Recipe:
Comment on our Facebook post with your recipe
DM us on Instagram
OR message us on Facebook!
One Myron Mixon Pitmaster Grill Tool
The chance to be featured on our blog!
Features of the Myron Mixon Pitmaster Grill Tool:
The 3 in one design was specifically developed & tested for easily flipping all your proteins & large veggies on the grill with the patented flipper hook
8” Chef knife size blade with 7″ cut for slicing up your meats and veggies
The blade is high carbon stainless steel for superior durability, ground precision sharp for perfect slices.
It boasts an ergonomic non-slip grip handle over a full-steel tang for strength and balance, so cutting is effortless with ultimate control.
Includes a bottle opener, as part of the knife!
To see all the features of our Myron Mixon Pitmaster Grill Tool click here.
To submit your recipe, you can find us here:
If you’re worried about your cutlery being up to the task of all you’re cooking up this summer, we have a special offer for you for following us on social media! Use code Spring20 at checkout to get 20% off our gadgets, cutlery, the My Juicer 2 Sports Bottle and grinder attachment!
(Discount does not apply to the My Juicer II itself).
If you haven’t given it a try yet, we recommend the 8″ Crimson Chef Knife. Not only is it included in our discount, but it’s a great place to start your knife collection. The Chef knife is the workhorse of knives designed to chop everything from veggies, to fruit, to all of your proteins. Ergo Chef designed this for the traditional knife lover, while sticking to our precision blades and heat treat process for longer edge life.
Good luck with your recipes, and happy shopping!