We’ve been focusing on the barbecue quite a bit lately. With all of our new skills provided in the last few blog posts (and a couple new tools) we feel ready for National Barbecue Day!
This week, we’re reviewing one of our favorite new products, Our Bama Q 9 Piece Knife Set. If you haven’t seen the Bama Q TV Show and you love barbecue, you need to check it out! The show features members of the Alabama Barbecue Association as they compete against the best of the best in barbecue from all over the United States.
If you’re interested in the show, check out their website here.
We’ve teamed up with this expert panel to bring you the only BBQ tool kit you’ll need this summer. Our Bama Q 9 Piece Knife Set includes 3 knives, a set of tongs, a pair of kitchen shears, and a 9 pocket knife/ tool bag for easy transportation. It also comes with knife guards to protect your knives edges and fingers.
Shop the set here.
9pc. Bama-Q BBQ Set includes the following:
- Logo’d Prodigy 10″ Chef knife with hollow ground blade & patented non-slip ergonomic grip handle w/ Type 5cr15MoV steel
- Logo’d Prodigy 12″ Slicer with hollow ground blade w/ Type 5Cr15MoV steel
- Logo’d Pro-Series 7.5″ Fillet knife Fully Forged for precision cuts and flexibility made w/ German X50CrMoV steel
- Logo’d 15″ DUO Tongs for the Grill – Stainless Steel & silicone heads rated to 500 degree use
- Pro-Series Multi Function Kitchen Shears – See pic for all functions
- 9 Pocket Knife/Tool Bag for easy transportation and safe storage – Durable Nylon & Polyester construction with heavy duty zipper cover to keep knives and tools safe in the bag during transportation.
- 3 Knife Edge Guards included to protect your knives edges and fingers – 10.5″ Narrow Orange, 10.5″ Wide Green & 12″ Wide Yellow
The set includes two Prodigy Series knives, and one Pro-Series knife! All of the knives feature our patented ergonomic design, so you’ll be able to easily meal prep without strain using this set. The shears are multi-functional, and their uses range from bottle opener to cracking open crab claws (hello, boat season).
The multifunctionality of the kitchen shears.
To get your hands on your own Bama Q Knife Set, shop the link here.
To test out your new set, try this recipe. We pulled this recipe from The Food Network to satisfy our seafood craving.
Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Put the shrimp in a large baking dish.
Combine the canola oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and fennel seed in a small food processor and process until the garlic is somewhat paste-like. Pour this mixture over the shrimp and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
Light a grill to high heat.
Strain the shrimp from the marinade and season them with salt and black pepper, to taste. Grill the shrimp on both sides until they are slightly charred and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (see Cook’s Note). Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Melt the butter in a large saute pan set over the grates of the grill. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and thyme leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, tossing once, about 1 minute. Finish with the parsley and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and garnish with thyme and parsley.
This recipe is the perfect dish for a Saturday night grill session with friends and family. Let us know how it works for you, and make sure you share your recipes with us so we can give them a try!
Just tag #ergochef when you post to Instagram, or tag @ergochefcutlery for Facebook.
Find us on Instagram @ergochefknives.
Find us on Facebook Ergo Chef Cutlery.
Our Lion’s Paw Event has been moved to May 31st. Don’t miss this live demo event with wine pairing with Chef Lisa at the Domestic Diva. Click here to purchase your tickets.
Battle of the Chef’s at Founders Hall in Ridgefield, CT.
Ergo Chef will be sponsoring this event and demoing cutlery at a booth.
For tickets, click here or call 203.431.7000.